The Assisted Housing Program (Section 8) Lobby will be closed on Thursday, July 28, 2016 from 12:00 PM-5:00 PM for employee training. The office will re-open Friday, July 29, 2016 during normal business hours.
SAHA’s mission is to provide quality affordable housing that is well integrated into the fabric of neighborhoods and serves as a foundation to improve lives and advance resident independence.
The Assisted Housing Programs include the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program, also known as the Section 8 program, and the Special Programs which target specific groups such as homeless persons or persons with disabilities.
The HCV Program provides eligible low-income individuals and families with the ability to afford decent, safe and sanitary housing in the private market. Participants are free to choose housing from single-family homes, townhouses and apartments, as long as the units meet the requirements of the program. This freedom of choice offers participants a chance for a better quality of life by providing them with access to better job opportunities, schools, transportation and other services. The HCV Program administers 13,417 rental vouchers.
The HCV Program sets aside a determined number of vouchers for targeted groups such as the homeless, homeless veterans, and for persons with disabilities. These Special Programs include the following:
- Homeless Services Voucher (HSV) Program
- Mainstream Program
- Moderate Rehabilitation (MOD) Program
- Set Aside Homeless Voucher Program (SHVP)
- Special Needs Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Shelter Plus Care (SPC) Program
- Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) Program
For an overview of the HCV Program, please go to the Housing Choice Voucher Program page.
For an overview of the Special Programs available, please go to the Special Programs page.
2016 Moderate-Rehabilition Program Notification
If you received a letter with instructions to verify your continued interest in remaining on the Moderate Rehabilitation Program waiting lists, click here to complete the MOD-Rehab Purge Form. Please allow 10 business days for the processing of your form. If you have any questions or concerns, please call (210) 477-6262.
- Once the form loads, enter your name and your Entity ID as provided in your letter.
- The properties you selected on your application are listed on your letter. Please select those properties that you are interested in remaining on the list. Please note that selecting properties on the form that are not listed on your letter will not result in a new application for those properties.
- Once you select your properties, you will be asked to certify your property selections on the next page of the form and you must provide a valid e-mail address to receive a confirmation receipt.
- Once you have completed the form, select "Send."