|SAHA's Education Investment Foundation is proud to present 2016 College Graduates|
Education Investment Foundation
Click here to view video
The Education Investment Foundation (EIF) is committed to the development of educational opportunities to help break the cycle of poverty among students who reside in the subsidized properties of the Public Housing and Section 8 Programs. Our goal is to help the traditionally under-served youth of our community by providing initiatives designed to promote education and self-sufficiency and help them emerge as prepared and valued members of our community.
The foundation administers SAHA’s scholarship, perfect attendance, and A/B honor roll award programs. The EIF is a non-profit 501(c)(3) affiliate of SAHA, dedicated to helping youth who reside in public housing or HCV properties attain self-sufficiency through educational opportunities.
REACH Awards stands for "Rewarding Educational Achievement, Cultivating Hope." REACH Awards are given to students, who are SAHA Public Housing Residents or part of the Section 8 Program, and who have demonstrated they:
Have Perfect Attendance for either the Fall or Spring Semester(s) for School Year
Have achieved Honor Roll for the Fall or Spring Semester(s) for the Semester School Year
Resident Students are now eligible to receive up to $100 annually, based on their academic achievements.
To apply for EIF scholarships click here
REACH Awards click here.
Fax: (210) 477-6052
Education Investment Foundation Advisory Committee:
- William Sinkin, Chairman Emeritus, Solar San Antonio (deceased)
- Sammy Nieto, Corporate Accounting Manager Valero Energy Corporation
- Rosie Castro, Director Center for Academic Transitions, Palo Alto College
- Reba Malone, Principal/Consultant, Reba Malone & Associates
- Hilda Bustos, Sr. Communications Mgr., NALCAB
- Alva-Alicia Cardenas, SAHA Resident Ambassador
- Ashley Diaz, Administrative Analyst, UTSA Institute for Economic Development
- Miguel Elizondo, Principal, Lanier High School
- Chief Robert Ojeda, Kerrville Fire Department Retired Fire Chief of SAFD
- Arjun Sanga, Executive Director, UT South Texas Technology Management
- Allan Smith, Attorney at Law
- Frederick Williams, Adjunct Professor of Political Science, San Antonio College