A non-profit 501(c)(3) affiliate of SAHA, dedicated to helping youth who reside in public housing or HCV properties attain self-sufficiency through educational opportunities. Education Investment Foundation is the only scholarship foundation in San Antonio for the youth of public housing and section 8 programs.
Congratulations! 2017 Fiesta Medal Poster Contest Winners
Left to Right: Angie Aguirre (Adult Winner), Jasmine M. Castro
(Winning Medal Design), Daniel A. Gallardo (Middle School Winner),
Madison Lee Garcia (Elementary School Winner)
Since 1991, the Education Investment Foundation (EIF) has committed to the development of educational opportunities to help break the cycle of poverty among students who reside in the subsidized properties of the Public Housing and Section 8 Programs. Our goal is to help the traditionally under-served youth of our community by providing initiatives designed to promote education and self-sufficiency and help them emerge as prepared and valued members of our community.
Just as the San Antonio Housing Authority encourages strong families by offering programs guiding adults toward self-sufficiency, programs like the SAHA Education Foundation encourage children, whose families participate in our programs, to build their own futures.
REACH Awards Click here to apply
"Rewarding Educational Achievement, Cultivating Hope." REACH Awards are given to students, who are SAHA Public Housing Residents or part of the Section 8 Program.
The perfect attendance program helps set the foundation for early success by rewarding children up to $100 annually, based on their perfect attendance and academic achievements. Since this program’s inception, EIF has awarded a total of $62,490 to 1,545 youth for perfect attendance.
Scholarships Click here to apply
The rising cost of higher education makes it challenging for many people to attend college. That’s why SAHA provides up to $1,500-a-year renewable scholarships to students who have shown strong academic, social and extracurricular success. Since 1998, the program has awarded over $800,000 in college scholarships.
Are you an EIF recipient and is graduating from college? We want to hear from you!
Please click here
Fax: (210) 477-6052
Education Investment Foundation Advisory Committee:
- William Sinkin, Chairman Emeritus, Solar San Antonio (deceased)
- Sammy Nieto, Corporate Accounting Manager Valero Energy Corporation
- Rosie Castro, Director Center for Academic Transitions, Palo Alto College
- Reba Malone, Principal/Consultant, Reba Malone & Associates
- Hilda Bustos, Sr. Communications Mgr., NALCAB
- Alva-Alicia Cardenas, SAHA Resident Ambassador
- Ashley Diaz, Administrative Analyst, UTSA Institute for Economic Development
- Miguel Elizondo, Principal, Lanier High School
- Chief Robert Ojeda, Kerrville Fire Department Retired Fire Chief of SAFD
- Arjun Sanga, Executive Director, UT South Texas Technology Management
- Allan Smith, Attorney at Law
- Frederick Williams, Adjunct Professor of Political Science, San Antonio College